Lizzy Yarnold OBE cemented her place in sporting history after winning every major title in her sport of skeleton in just 407 days. She won her first World Championship gold medal at the 2015 event in Winterberg, Germany to add to her Grand Slam collection of the Olympic and European titles and the overall World Cup title in 2013/2014. She is the second athlete ever and the first British slider to hold the Grand Slam titles at the same time as being the Olympic, World and European Champion.
Lizzy managed to make history again in 2018, becoming the first ever GB athlete in history to retain her Olympic title at back to back Winter Olympic Games.
She was picked to take part in skeleton after entering a talent ID programme called ‘Girls for Gold’ in 2008. Her rise to Olympic champion in just 5 years shows her focus and determination.
Lizzy was awarded an OBE for Services to Sport in June 2018. She is passionate about environmental issues and is a role model for young people. She wants to use her success on the track to help young girls feel good about their body shapes and to take up more sport. Since her Olympic wins, she has visited a number of schools across the country spreading that message.
For more information about Lizzy Yarnold visit the website.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch
- @biggsytravels @MarcusWyatt14 @IBSFsliding @The_BBSA @simonneedle here's a slow mo 👌
- Super fan time with all the 🇬🇧 World Cup athletes who competed this weekend in Sigulda 🇱🇻. Great work everyone We'v… t.co/4JqfREgPog
- 👏👏 @James_Rodwell t.co/SITuPIRAA5
- Super time at the track today with James (me teaching him about skele, him teaching me about bob!!). I'm proud of t… t.co/Iy25I8O3BA
- Supporting the World Cup skeleton athletes in Latvia. It's so good to get here and watch this awesome sport, it ain… t.co/RRTWNbdKYs