Sport England invests in projects that help more people play sport.
Sainsbury’s 2013 School Games final
With more than 1,600 school children competing across 12 sports, the Sainsbury’s School Games are supported by £35.5 million of National Lottery funding from Sport England and are delivered by the Youth Sport Trust.Read more
Disability sport given £8m boost on National Paralympic Day
Disabled people across the country will have more opportunities to get into sport thanks to £8 million of National Lottery funding from Sport England.Read more
Sport England is focused on helping people and communities across England create a sporting habit for life. It supports sporting good causes with funding from the National Lottery and central Government.
Sport England provides funding for projects that help people aged 14 and above toplay sport, develop individuals and groups who show sporting talent, and fund the creation and redevelopment of community sports facilities across the country.
Grants awarded by Sport England range in size from a few hundred pounds to buy new sporting equipment, to a few million pounds to build a new sports centre!
To find out more about Sport England visit their website.
- Finding time is one of the biggest barriers to being active. Would playing sport at your local school be convenient… t.co/s2d3GMy7qW
- @SouthWavesRadio Thank you! Almost there :)
- When you realise you're approaching 100,000 followers 👀 t.co/OpBeLDKIO6
- This is why we need walkable communities 🚶♀️ Find out more about the principles of #ActiveDesign. 👉 … t.co/Cs3REBmoCZ
- This week we're celebrating our third birthday 🙌 If you've started activity thanks to #ThisGirlCan, we'd love to… t.co/BnM0nl4TKW