Sport England invests in projects that help more people play sport.
Sainsbury’s 2013 School Games final
With more than 1,600 school children competing across 12 sports, the Sainsbury’s School Games are supported by £35.5 million of National Lottery funding from Sport England and are delivered by the Youth Sport Trust.Read more
Disability sport given £8m boost on National Paralympic Day
Disabled people across the country will have more opportunities to get into sport thanks to £8 million of National Lottery funding from Sport England.Read more
Sport England is focused on helping people and communities across England create a sporting habit for life. It supports sporting good causes with funding from the National Lottery and central Government.
Sport England provides funding for projects that help people aged 14 and above toplay sport, develop individuals and groups who show sporting talent, and fund the creation and redevelopment of community sports facilities across the country.
Grants awarded by Sport England range in size from a few hundred pounds to buy new sporting equipment, to a few million pounds to build a new sports centre!
To find out more about Sport England visit their website.
- Triple world para-badminton champion @rach_choong speaks about what winning a #BEDSA meant to her sport… t.co/u70tLq7Jdb
- .@Sport_England is investing £130m to develop & deliver 10 local pilot schemes, focusing on under-represented group… t.co/9CQlzp9Pjo
- @JonIrwinLD @slsclido A superb location. Hope it's buzzing with women and girls now and especially after the advert on Friday!
- Exclusive sneak preview of just a few of our new #ThisGirlCan campaign posters. Make your own at… t.co/CcVZDu1p6S
- #ActiveLives shows levels of inactivity rising with age. We want to tackle that with our new #ActiveAgeing fund.… t.co/B6ccOeP6tl