Terms & Conditions
The National Lottery Promotions Unit (NLPU) raises public awareness of National Lottery funding. Through a series of campaigns and initiatives, the NLPU brings to life the purpose of the National Lottery and showcases the extraordinary impact Good Causes funding has across the UK. It is the NLPU’s aim to make National Lottery players aware of, and thank them for, the thousands of incredible projects across the UK and in their local communities.
The NLPU is a joint venture between Camelot UK Lotteries, National Lottery distributors and the Department for Culture, Media & Sport. Although the NLPU operates as a separate unit it is not a legal entity and is therefore governed by the National Lottery Community Fund’s processes and procedures.
You may use The National Lottery Good Causes website subject to these terms and conditions. Access and use by you of this website constitutes acceptance by you of the terms and conditions.
1.1. Registering with the Website allows you to share stories, ask questions and comment on topics. To ensure that all submitted content is appropriate for all audiences, all content will be subject to moderation.
1.2. By submitting content to any part of the Website you grant The National Lottery Community Fund a royalty-free and irrevocable permission to reproduce.
1.3. If you break these terms and conditions, the moderator has the right to remove part or all of your submitted material without warning. If you repeatedly breach these terms and conditions, you may be permanently prevented from registering, logging in and/or posting and have your account deleted.
2. About your use of the Website
2.2. You agree The National Lottery Community Fund may without warning at any time, for any reason, at its absolute discretion, and without liability to you:
- 1. reject your application to be a registered user of the Website; and/or
- 2. remove you as a user of the Website; and/or
- 3. prevent you from accessing any part of the Website, and/or
- 4. delete you as a user and your user account.
3. By using this Website, you agree:
- 1. that you hold the copyright for any material that you submit;
- 2. that you have obtained the appropriate consents from all persons appearing in any content you submit;
- 3. you will not to use the Website to advertise or promote any commercial services, or disseminate spam
- 4. you will not to post anyone’s personal details without their permission;
- 5. not to post any material that can cause harm to another user’s computer;
- 6. not to submit any material that The National Lottery Community Fund in its sole discretion may deem to be offensive, libellous or defamatory, or inappropriate for children;
- 7. not to reformat or frame any part of the web pages that form part of the Website;
- 8. not to create multiple profiles; not to impersonate people or other users: and you must not invade someone’s privacy.
- 9. not to submit material that may have a detrimental effect on the reputation of the National Lottery or of The National Lottery Community Fund as a distributor of public money or as a Government sponsored body; and
- 10. not to make copies in any form of all or parts of the content other than as reasonably required for your personal non-commercial use.
4.1. You must register as a user of the Website to use the online community. The National Lottery Community Fund has absolute discretion as to whether to accept or reject your application to register as a user of the Website.
4.2. When you register as a user of the Website you will select a username and password to access your user account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. Your username must not be offensive or contain profanities. The National Lottery Community Fund can use its discretion to determine whether a user name is appropriate.
4.3. You are responsible at all times for your user account and for any actions that take place using your account. The information that you provide when you set up your account must be true and accurate. If The National Lottery Community Fund suspects that the information provided is incorrect, misleading, or not true then The National Lottery Community Fund may suspend or terminate your account.
4.4. You must immediately inform The National Lottery Community Fund of any unauthorised use of your password, your user account or any other breach of security in connection with the Website. You should ensure that you log-out of your account each time you finish using the website.
5. Intellectual property / Copyright
The National Lottery Community Fund’s Copyright
5.1. All web content including but not limited to the text, images, audio, video and animation placed directly onto this Website by The National Lottery Promotions Unit is the copyright of or is licensed to The National Lottery Promotions Unit (the NLPU’s Material). You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the NLPU’s Material available to any other party or in any other media without prior and appropriate written authorisation.
5.2. The names, images and logos identifying The National Lottery Community Fund are proprietary marks of The National Lottery Community Fund and may not be reproduced without the prior written authorisation from The National Lottery Community Fund.
Requests for such approval should be directed to:
The National Lottery Community Fund 1st floor Peel Building 2 Marsham Street London SW1P 4DF
Telephone: 0207 211 3991 Fax: 020 7211 1750 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5.4. The Website and The National Lottery Promotions Unit are not responsible for copyright infringements made by any third party resulting from the publication of your content on the Website.
6. Linking policy
6.1. You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this site. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. Our pages must load into the user’s entire window.
6.2. We only link to our grant recipients, partners and websites which provide useful information which supplements our own information services. Any links or frames which connect the Website to other websites are provided by The National Lottery Promotions Unit are for convenience only, and by accessing those linked sites you agree to any terms of access or use imposed by those linked websites.
6.3. We are not responsible for the contents, accuracy, opinions or links from these websites and we not provide any warranty, or assume any responsibility, regarding the quality, accuracy, source or any other aspect of the material on the linked websites.
7.1. To the extent permitted by law, The National Lottery Promotions Unit will not be liable (including in negligence) for any loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss of use of data; or any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, incurred by or awarded against you or any other person arising directly or indirectly from your access to or use of the Website (or any linked website); or any cost, loss, liability or expense arising from death, personal injury or damage to property (including damage to your software, hardware or data) resulting directly or indirectly from you access to or use of the Website (or any linked website).
7.2. You indemnify and hold The National Lottery Promotions Unit, its employees, officers and agents harmless from and against any claims, liability, expenses, losses, damages and costs (including legal costs and expenses) (Loss) incurred by any of those indemnified where such Loss was caused directly or indirectly by:
- 1. your access to or use of the Website; or
- 2. any contributions made by you (or on your behalf) to the Website (including, without limitation, Loss caused by a claim that your contribution infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any person).
8.1. You acknowledge that you use the Website at your entire risk. We do not guarantee our site is secure or free from bugs or viruses.
8.2. The National Lottery Promotions Unit is not responsible for any content that originates from non-The National Lottery Promotions Unit sources. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any such content, and are not responsible for the contents of any submitted material or posts.
8.3. All content is provided on an “AS IS” basis only. We cannot warrant that the Website or any content provided will meet any of your needs or requirements or that it will be complete, error free, accurate or that it will be delivered without interruption, fault or error. Accordingly and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding the website and the content, including, but not limited to, any warranty of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third party rights.
9. Contact details and further information
9.1. For a hard copy set of these terms and conditions please send a stamped self addressed envelope to the Legal Department, The National Lottery Community Fund, 1st floor Peel Building, 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF
9.2. The National Lottery Promotions Unit reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time therefore you should check these terms regularly.
10. Reporting issues or making a complaint
You may report any comments or complaints about this Website by: e-mail email@example.com or call The National Lottery Promotions Unit on 0207 211 3991.
11. Assistance with the Website
If you experience any difficulties with this Website please call The National Lottery Community Fund advice line on 0345 4 10 20 30.
12. Connecting to other websites
Following a link to another website
Following a link to The National Lottery Promotions Unit from another website
They improve things by:
1. remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
2. remembering information you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it
3. measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. We don’t gather personal information about you, which we then share with others.
To learn more about cookies and how you can control them, visit www.AboutCookies.org
What are ‘cookies’?
14. Governing Law
These terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.