Sport Northern Ireland’s vision is to promote "a culture of lifelong enjoyment and success in sport which contributes to a healthy, fair and prosperous society". ...
Celebrating Sporting Success and Inspiring the Sports Stars of Tomorrow
Sports Minister, Carál Ní Chuilín, has celebrated the remarkable sporting success of 2012 with a public event in Derry. The Minister was joined by local sports people including Rory Best, Paul McCloskey, Alfie Wylie, Sycerika McMahon, and Sally Brown, as well as members of the public and London Olympic and Paralympic games makers and torch bearers.Read more
Sport Northern Ireland works in partnership with the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure (DCAL) to deliver on Sport Matters: The Northern Ireland Strategy for Sport and Physical Recreation, 2009-2019. This Strategy sets out a new shared sporting vision of "a culture of lifelong enjoyment and success in sport", as well as the key strategic priorities for sport and physical recreation, and informs the direction of future investment – underpinning three areas: participation, performance and places.
Sport Northern Ireland uses money from The National Lottery and Government to support projects that will increase participation in sport and physical activity, enhance the sporting performance of individuals and groups, and improve the way that sport is delivered in Northern Ireland. Grants awarded by Sport Northern Ireland range in size from a few hundred pounds to buy new sporting equipment, to a few million pounds to build new sports facilities!
As well as awarding funding, Sport Northern Ireland also operates Tollymore National Outdoor Centre, and funds and manages the Sports Institute Northern Ireland (SINI), in partnership with the University of Ulster.
To find out more about Sport Northern Ireland visit their website.
- Well done #EBA2020 Couch to Parkrun runners! #BetterFitter t.co/yjYjAU2VPh
- CONFERENCE COUNTDOWN ⌛️Just 5 days to go to our Developing Future Female Leaders Conference. Book your place now:… t.co/5jbMM2Os6C
- Great day for the @LCCCEBA2020 schools cross country races @lisburnccc #eba2020 #betterfitter 🌞 t.co/Zfrx0pHNRM
- Coleraine Ladies Hockey Club receiving a Defibrillator today.@colerainelhc t.co/kQ18RXUnCd
- Dungiven Bowling Club receiving a Defibrillator in Coleraine today. t.co/rDMDzbrrVx