Arts Council England champions, develops and invests in artistic and cultural experiences that enrich people's lives. Their mission is to provide ‘great art for everyone’...
£4 million for libraries to tackle disadvantage
Arts Council England has awarded just over £18 million funding to 11 arts consortia in the second round of our Creative people and places programme, empowering communities to shape local arts provision.Read more
Arts Council England awards money from The National Lottery, as well as central Government funds to support a range of activities across the arts, museums and libraries - from theatre to digital art, reading to dance, music to literature, and crafts to collections.
The National Lottery supports projects like these because great art and culture inspires us, brings us together and teaches us about ourselves and the world around us. In short, it makes life better.
Arts Council England makes grants of all sizes, from a few hundred pounds to stage a poetry workshop to several million pounds to refurbish and improve arts venues like the National Theatre in London, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art in Gateshead and the Wiltshire Music Centre. These venues have a commitment to make the best in arts activity accessible to as wide an audience as possible.
To find out more about Arts Council England visit their website.
- 🌟 Looking for some festive fun to get you into the Christmas spirit? 🌟 Look no further, we've pulled together some… t.co/CosYB5j5v4
- NEWS: @TullieHouse Museum & Art Gallery celebrates receiving Designated status. Find out more 👉… t.co/Q68HHmrBiw
- NEW BLOG: Dr Susanne Burns takes us through research that provides practical lessons for music education hubs, scho… t.co/gkS49julgu
- @artsadm's Green Team Leader, Alex Brown, reflects on the beginning of his journey through our… t.co/XPuk2UYKM6
- Check out @NGAMedia’s new e-learing module for school governors about arts and #culturaleducation can support with… t.co/Ob2NBAt5wt