sportscotland is the national sport agency for Scotland. They are responsible for developing sport and physical recreation in Scotland.
LAWN TENNIS ASSOCIATION AND SPORTSCOTLAND ANNOUNCE HISTORIC £15M TENNIS AGREEMENT, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH TENNIS SCOTLAND
The Lawn Tennis Association and sportscotland are today proud to announce a ground-breaking £15 million joint-funding agreement to start in 2017. The ambition, in partnership with Tennis Scotland, is to transform tennis in Scotland by doubling the number of covered courts from 112 to 225 over the next 5-10 years with the end objective of significantly increasing participation.Read more
sportscotland leads the development of sport and physical recreation in Scotland. They use money from The National Lottery and Government to make sport more widely available to everyone and to nurture Scottish sporting talent.
sportscotland offers funding of all shapes and sizes: from small grants of a few hundred pounds to help grassroots sport projects to purchase new equipment, train new coaches, attract new members or improve their facility to up to £500,000 to improve existing or provide new sports facilities for Scottish communities.
As well as awarding funding, sportscotland also operates Cumbrae National Watersports Training Centre, Glenmore Lodge National Outdoor Training Centre and Inverclyde National Sports Training Centre.
To find out more about sportscotland visit their website.
- Shooting high with the basketball session! @basketballscot @ActiveSchoolsED @LDS_Sport @Ed_Leisure… t.co/ArmMoSYMR4
- Thanks to Gemma Fay of #SWNT & Willie Miller for helping out with coaching at @Burntisland_PS yesterday! t.co/HxgouDzuMd
- Scotland reaching play-offs at World Women's Curling Championship also guarantees a Winter Olympic place for GB. 👍… t.co/vBSZ8YgpEu
- Work for us! #climbscotland #workforus #RegionalDevelopment @climb_scotland @sportscotland @Mountain_Scot… t.co/C1SSouHG6J
- @eCom_Wendy glad you enjoyed it, the pupils were great!