sportscotland is the national sport agency for Scotland. They are responsible for developing sport and physical recreation in Scotland.
LAWN TENNIS ASSOCIATION AND SPORTSCOTLAND ANNOUNCE HISTORIC £15M TENNIS AGREEMENT, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH TENNIS SCOTLAND
The Lawn Tennis Association and sportscotland are today proud to announce a ground-breaking £15 million joint-funding agreement to start in 2017. The ambition, in partnership with Tennis Scotland, is to transform tennis in Scotland by doubling the number of covered courts from 112 to 225 over the next 5-10 years with the end objective of significantly increasing participation.Read more
sportscotland leads the development of sport and physical recreation in Scotland. They use money from The National Lottery and Government to make sport more widely available to everyone and to nurture Scottish sporting talent.
sportscotland offers funding of all shapes and sizes: from small grants of a few hundred pounds to help grassroots sport projects to purchase new equipment, train new coaches, attract new members or improve their facility to up to £500,000 to improve existing or provide new sports facilities for Scottish communities.
As well as awarding funding, sportscotland also operates Cumbrae National Watersports Training Centre, Glenmore Lodge National Outdoor Training Centre and Inverclyde National Sports Training Centre.
To find out more about sportscotland visit their website.
- #SportFirst | Equestrian coach inspiring next generation with top qualification: t.co/zlB6ftIKTA t.co/gsocHwa7OO
- This month's co-hosts | @maureen0207 & @melaniegrant_7 #sportpanel | Join us Monday 9-10pm & talk "sport in schools… t.co/Zp9eBHhe8n
- Good luck @martinTTperry and well done everyone involved! t.co/qvIg3DVUg5
- Moving and inspiring, a story about how sport (and a great coach) changed someone's life. ❤ @sportscotland… t.co/xqYA5GJ91c
- Thanks Alison - look forward to hearing from you on Monday! #SportHour t.co/2dyUinwL6y