Digital Campaigns Manager
The National Lottery Promotions Unit (NLPU) has flexible roles that enable our people to give their best, broaden their skills and manage their career path. This job profile isn’t intended to be an exhaustive list of your duties, rather it gives you an outline of what your role will involve. It will be for you to work with your colleagues to develop and shape your work in line with our strategic objectives and the objectives of the NLPU.
The NLPU is seeking a creative, dynamic and experienced Digital Campaigns Manager to lead and deliver a digital communications strategy, strengthening the National Lottery’s relationship with the public through digital engagement and storytelling.
National Lottery players have raised more than £43 billion for good causes since the National Lottery began in 1994. The NLPU raises positive public awareness of National Lottery funding, thereby contributing to the overall brand health of The National Lottery. Through a series of campaigns and initiatives, the NLPU brings to life the purpose of the National Lottery and showcases the extraordinary impact Good Causes funding has across the UK.
Working through traditional and digital media, it is our aim to make National Lottery players aware of, and thank them for, the thousands of incredible projects across the UK and in their local communities.
- You will help build the National Lottery brand, leading an effective digital strategy across multiple digital channels. You will set and deliver against KPIs, informed by a quarterly digital benchmarking project.
- You will work closely with the Heads of Campaigns, supporting them on key campaigns for the NLPU and lead digital first campaigns.
- You will play a key role in creating and commissioning engaging multimedia content, delivering digital communications campaigns and managing social media channels.
- You will improve audience experience by overseeing the NLPUs social media presence in support of digital objectives.
- You will identify and secure digital partnerships to advance the organisation’s digital influence.
- You will advance the NLPUs digital voice through innovation and staying relevant with trends and best practices.
- A dynamic approach to relationship management will be essential in order to influence stakeholders across the complex National Lottery Family, ensuring an aligned and stronger National Lottery voice.
You will need to demonstrate your experience and qualifications in these areas:
- At least three years’ experience in a senior social media or digital communications position with demonstrable evidence of devising and delivering successful digital strategies across multiple platforms.
- The ability to juggle operational delivery with strategic and creative thinking.
- Experience of managing social media channels for an organisation or clients.
- Proven experience of developing, commissioning and creating engaging multimedia content including working with external agencies or platforms to create engaging digital or social media content.
- Ability to manage and curate website content.
- Ability to review online analytics and conduct usability reviews.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including influencing, negotiating and stakeholder management.
- Direct line management or experience of leading small teams will be advantageous.
- Dedication to personal development and to the development of others.
- A good working knowledge of Web Content Management Systems, social media management tools (knowledge of Sprout Social is particularly advantageous) HTML, and software for Image, Video and Audio editing (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) .
- Knowledge and experience of W3C Web standards, maintaining websites that are compliant with UK Disability Rights legislation and cross-browser / cross-platform compatibility.
- Project or campaign management skills with a successful track record of leading projects to delivery on time, within budget and with a full evaluation.
You will be able to...
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Engage with colleagues and stakeholders to generate commitment to goals and ensure delivery
- Be a flexible and confident manager who role models the National Lottery’s vision and principles every day as this position involves line management
- Identify by working the National Lottery family shared development requirements to deliver objectives
- Be a passionate and persuasive advocate for the use of digital communications techniques within the NLPU, our strategic framework and the wider National Lottery family.
BUILD GREAT RELATIONSHIPS
- Build positive relationships and networks across the National Lottery to support delivery of NLPU objectives
- Demonstrate advanced communication skills including networking, negotiating, and presenting to a range of audiences
- Question and listen to understand customer and stakeholder needs, identifying common themes which support your decisions and actions
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of social and digital media communications techniques, campaign management and content creation and commissioning
- Write engaging copy for the digital environment and for different audiences and platforms
- Understand and take an interest in emerging technologies, platforms and developments in the digital space
- Have a demonstrable interest in the sectors funded by The National Lottery
- Be highly organised, with ability to self-plan, prioritise workloads and work quickly to tight deadlines
- Ensure campaigns are delivered to time and budget, being confident to make decisions when needed
- Gather, analyse and interpret information to inform decisions about your own work and the work of the team
- I am passionate about more people becoming aware of the positive impact of the National Lottery
- I am committed to effective networking across and beyond the National Lottery
- I value the diversity and aspirations of communities and colleagues recognising the need to provide equality of opportunity
- I will listen, learn, provide and encourage feedback and challenge
- I am responsible and accountable for the work that I do
- I work flexibly and collaboratively to meet the needs of others
- I apply knowledge and experience to share my learning and make One National Lottery a success
- I want to make the National Lottery a great place to work
Your job family is: NLPU
Your directorate is: Digital
Your mode of working is: Office based - London
Your role template is: Digital Campaigns Manager