sportscotland is the national sport agency for Scotland. They are responsible for developing sport and physical recreation in Scotland.
LAWN TENNIS ASSOCIATION AND SPORTSCOTLAND ANNOUNCE HISTORIC £15M TENNIS AGREEMENT, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH TENNIS SCOTLAND
The Lawn Tennis Association and sportscotland are today proud to announce a ground-breaking £15 million joint-funding agreement to start in 2017. The ambition, in partnership with Tennis Scotland, is to transform tennis in Scotland by doubling the number of covered courts from 112 to 225 over the next 5-10 years with the end objective of significantly increasing participation.Read more
sportscotland leads the development of sport and physical recreation in Scotland. They use money from The National Lottery and Government to make sport more widely available to everyone and to nurture Scottish sporting talent.
sportscotland offers funding of all shapes and sizes: from small grants of a few hundred pounds to help grassroots sport projects to purchase new equipment, train new coaches, attract new members or improve their facility to up to £500,000 to improve existing or provide new sports facilities for Scottish communities.
As well as awarding funding, sportscotland also operates Cumbrae National Watersports Training Centre, Glenmore Lodge National Outdoor Training Centre and Inverclyde National Sports Training Centre.
To find out more about sportscotland visit their website.
- Community-based sport and physical activity projects have two weeks left to apply for a share of a £1million fund a… t.co/g0KuQI3a45
- The girls of @GHS_PEGHS_PE demonstrating one of their consultation techniques #fitforgirls 🏃♀️ @YoungLeadersGHS t.co/TlcJldkwkd
- Kickstarting our day at @sportscotland #fitforgirls solutions workshop! Looking forward to hearing the progress we… t.co/ikRAnyJlMG
- #Fitforgirls Glasgow workshop is well under way! Sharing solutions, tools and ideas for increasing girls’ participa… t.co/c5p9aOI4Cq
- And we’re off @sportscotland @YouthSportTrust @GrangemouthHS @GHS_PEGHS_PE Fit For Girls workshops have started… t.co/oxTuCGyNXX